School of the Art Institute of Chicago, M.A. Art History, Theory, and Criticism
University of California, Berkeley, B.A. Art History
ArtAsiaPacific Magazine, LA Desk Editor (2006-current)
- Write and edit profiles, reviews, and feature stories for leading magazine on international contemporary art (approximately one article per print issue).
- Write and edit special web-only reviews and blog entries for website every month.
- Sustain relationships with curators, artists and gallery staff; maintain awareness of Los Angeles art happenings; pitch story ideas.
Art in America, Contributor (2013-current)
- Write and edit reviews, and feature stories for monthly, international magazine in publication since 1913.
- Los Angeles representative and liaison; attend press events and regularly frequent gallery and museum openings.
Los Angeles Modern Auctions, Staff Writer (2014-2015)
- Research, write and edit all auction catalogue essays (8-10 essays, 300-700 words each, print).
- Write, edit, upload and format all blog posts on WordPress. Topics include, just-in items, auction highlights, market forecasts and more.
- Write, edit, upload “Featured Artists” pages, a compendium of mid-century to contemporary artists (Diane Arbus, Mike Kelly, Robert Mapplethorpe and more) and resource for auction research.
- Social media management: write all Instagram and twitter posts.
Kaufmann-Mercantile design store and blog, Editor and Contributing Writer (2009-current)
- Product Copywriter for bi-weekly launches of at least six products a week. Speak with makers about item’s special attributes, product history, company history, care instructions and more. Create product pages using Shopify.
- Interim Editor (2012-2013) for Kaufmann Mercantile online retailer and blog, entitled “References,” an informational resource and online library on various materials, how-to articles, and interviews with artists, craftsmen and manufacturers; Manage freelance and staff writers; Fact-check, edit and copyedit blog articles; Write product descriptions for use on merchant site; Write headlines for weekly newsletter.
- Research, write and edit articles for design and materials blog, with articles such as “Care for Copper: Advice from America’s Only CopperManufacturer,” “Wharton Esherick: A Pioneer for American Craftsmen,” “The Story of Nylon: From a Depressed Scientist to Essential Swimwear.”
Art Muse LA, Lecturer; Museum and Gallery Guide (2012-current)
- Research, write and conduct tours at Los Angeles area museums and galleries including The Broad, LACMA, MOCA, J. Paul Getty Center, Hammer; Honor Fraser, Blum and Poe, Cherry and Martin, China Art Objects and more.
- Accommodate special requests ranging from a tour of specific genre or artist to a viewing of murals and graffiti art around downtown Los Angeles.
Michael Kohn Gallery, Registrar and Gallery Manager
- Write and edit all press releases. Write correspondence signed by senior staff. Copyedit all written material produced by gallery, including print and online ads, email blasts, invitations and more.
- Write and submit exhibition proposals for art fair applications such as Art Basel Miami, Frieze Masters London, Expo Chicago and more.
- Track all incoming and outgoing artwork movements in database with an inventory of over 8,500 objects. Plan and track all artwork shipments and movements in and out of gallery for exhibitions, national and international art fairs, client viewings, purchases, auctions, and sales.
J. Paul Getty Museum, Gallery Educator
- Researched, created, delivered, and planned daily programming surrounding permanent collection and special exhibitions for family, school, and adult audiences under headings such as Highlights of the Getty Collection, Art in the Time of Rembrandt and more.
- Proposed, researched, and conducted art historical adult education classes, for example, East West Connections in the Getty Collection and Resolution Revolution: Photography in China from Confucianism to Communism to Capitalism.
- Wrote and copyedited “Today at the Getty,” an informational sheet provided to visitors with descriptions of museum programs on offer.
- Wrote and edited entries for “Iris,” the Getty Museum blog
Art Institute of Chicago, Development Assistant
- Wrote correspondence signed by senior staff, including Museum President and Director James Cuno. Designed, wrote, and edited attractive and persuasive information sheets on exhibitions, museum programs and events to draw in sponsors such as Target and Bulgari in coordination with curatorial, publications, museum education, public relations, and marketing departments.
- Wrote and edited year-end and project-end reports to organizations such as Illinois Arts Council, Macy’s, and Ford Motor Company Fund.
- Coordinated internal and external events for exhibition openings and corporate, foundation, and government sponsors such as The New Yorker.
Millennium Biltmore Hotel, Historical Archivist/Public Relations Assistant
- Wrote public relations articles published in Los Angeles Downtown News, wrote press releases for press kits.
- Created photo exhibition featuring history of Academy awards, wrote captions for images of Walt Disney, Shirley Temple, and Bob Hope on display during hotel’s 80th anniversary gala ball.
OTHER RELATED EXPERIENCE
Eastside Food Bites (Blog), Contributing Writer
LeBasse Projects, Press Release Writer
Freelance, Writing and English Tutor
Art Institute of Chicago, Museum Educator
Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Development Assistant